Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Book or Nook?

I started with the Nook Color and passed it to my sister when I decided I HAD to have the Nook Tablet.

I like reading from the eReader, and I like the extra little things it does. A few games and such. I have an iPhone and a laptop so this was a better choice than me trying to afford an iPad.

BUT

I have books
Loads of books
WAY too may books

I have a bag full I need to take to the resale shop and after reading I decide if I want to keep them or not.
I will add here I really don't reread books.
I just cannot stay with it when I know what will happen.
But I have to keep some of them. Just have to.
I know at some point our society will give up paper books. I'm sure it will be for a good reason, to save the few trees left.
But I think I will just have both. It is nice to have this to carry around for when I have to wait, To drag back and forth to work.
I can leave the books at home and they will be happy here!
Now if I HAVE to carry this thing around it needs a good cover, right?
I found this one on Etsy right before Christmas.
The Thimbleberry Patch is a very cute little shop with loads of fun handmade things.
She makes them when you order and they can fit any size eReader you have.
Look at the detail
All the pockets! It is very well padded also. She is super quick too! I had mine to me in a week!

I really love the fabric. Also they are $20. If you have a reader and have priced these, you cannot get one this great for anywhere near this price!

She has these two I am really interested in 


They are just fun! I think I need some fun and new in my life so I keep visiting Etsy!

Hope you all have a great day. I am going back to sleep as I stayed home from work to hopefully get this head cold under control before the busy end of the week!

Hugs, Lisa

7 comments:

  1. Testing to see if my comments work. Blogger is not playing nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you!

    Ciao Bella
    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  3. The covers are so cute! My husband has a kindle and just loves it. I am happy, there just isn't any room for more books. He read over 30 last year.
    Blessings
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa,
    I am your newest follower. Thank you for following and commenting on my blog! l am so happy to meet you. I hope to get to know you better. As far as your comment about feeling like a bad blogger - don't worry, I know how life gets in the way sometimes. I am so bad at getting posts up. I have a new one ready to go but I need some cute pictures . . .so there it sits! I'll get to it, soon!
    As far as book or Nook, well, so far I just have the computer and cell phone for technology. I'm a little behind, but I'll wait and see how you like it before I decide to jump in!
    Just a few weeks ago I purchased nine yards of the fabric with the lady in the pink dress shown in the picture of the nook carrier. I'll be posting what I am going to do with it in the near future (I hope) and you will understand why I needed so much!
    Again, I'm so glad to meet you! I hope your cold gets better soon!
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. And by the way, you need to meet my friend Andrea from The Cottage Market and my friend Donna from Donna's Lavender Nest. They are both animal lovers! Go visit them if you get a chance and tell them I sent you! You'll love them!!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi there my friend -- how are you and thanks for dropping by my blog -- now i get to experience yours YEAH!!!! : ) i wanted to let you know about "i am social" buttons -- send a message or email to Keren from free pretty things for you -- she offers that service and i she creates my buttons for me -- she is FABULOUS and you will love her!!!! : ) sending hugs to you and yours and we will talk soon! your newest follower -- hi miss ric rac above me : ) hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are feeling better now. That same head cold kicked my hubby's butt too. He stayed home the begining of this week as well!

    ReplyDelete