2 years ago for our Christmas party at work we had a gift exchange. You know you bring a gift and someone chooses and then next one can take yours and you get another. Well we didn’t do gag gifts and there were some really great prizes.
My first one was a cookie making book and accessories.
Someone took it!!!
Second I got this
and accessories to make cupcakes. This was WAY over our limit but it was one of the Dr.s and she had fun!
Sunday my mom HAD to go to AC Moore to get some flowers to finish a basket she is designing (really great pics to come!)
So I took her. Memphis my youngest nephew had to go. He is really good so he usually gets to go.
We walk in and they have redone the whole store so we wonder down the first row. They are decorating cupcakes!
We get a space and I say “Oh I have Hello Cupcake”
The guy there says oh great we have 2 of our new one left over there!
It was the Authors!
We made a flower cupcake and I got a signed copy of the new book!
Now I love both books, but if you don’t have either of the the books, go with What’s New Cupcake. Much easier ideas and less intimidating. The flowers are super super easy and I am pretty sure there will be a batch here for mother’s day! There are also great ones for the Holidays!
Look for them!!
Hope you have a great week!!
Hugs, Lisa
Hi Lisa,
ReplyDeleteThese look like fun cookbooks and the cupcakes look too pretty to eat.
How neat that you got a signed copy of the book.
Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn
Looks like a fun book!!
ReplyDeleteJust perfect for Mother's Day...oh yeah...I can't make them for myself...oh why not!
ReplyDeleteI just saw the first cupcake book on a girlfriends counter the other day, i will have to check them out.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderfully yummy surprise! I don't have either book....yet!
ReplyDelete: )
Julie M.
ps Thank you for your sweet comments today. Peep's not super excited about her second round of antibiotics...it's supposed be better for her bones...but it difficult to get her to swallow it and not shake it out. Oy.
Now I'm craving frosting! :)
ReplyDeleteThose are the cutest cupcakes I've ever seen.
ReplyDeleteI love cupcake designs, they're brilliant. My sister bought me a cupcake book last christmas it was just divine. I'm not that great at really detailed toppings, I'm afraid I am a basic pink icing girl! But the ducks are just gorgeous xx
ReplyDeleteThat's a cool serendipity moment! Wonderful Wonderful! And how yummy they all look. Now that you are on your way to decorating some lovely cupcakes, I offer myself as a taste tester. Just send them over! :-D
ReplyDelete~ginger
That sounds like so much fun Lisa. I love those duck cupcakes. I'll have to go find the book to see how they're made.
ReplyDeleteLisa those are the cutest cupcakes ever! :)
ReplyDeleteLucky you, and I love your flower cupcakes! Thank you for stopping by my blog today and leaving the sweet comment. See you on Pink Saturday!
ReplyDeleteSherry @ A Happy Valentine
Those flowers do not look simple at all, but they DO look yummy!
ReplyDeleteThank you Lisa for your sweet comment about the loss of our kitty. I just read your post about losing Casey, and of course it had me crying for you, Casey, me and Mimi all at once. I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved furbaby.
How fun!! I bet the cupcakes were wonderful. They sure do look pretty.
ReplyDeleteThank you for entering my giveaway.
Good luck!!
Have a fabulous day
Cari b.
I love cupcakes, but mine are rather simple. I like to put in blueberries.
ReplyDeleteI haven't made cupcakes in ages! Sounds like fun. Gotta get myself in cupcake-making mode. Today I made brownies.
ReplyDeleteBrenda
Wow. Those are gorgeous. Fun for you.
ReplyDeleteMy tween Baby Bee got this book a couple years ago for her birthday. Such fun to dream of making the cupcakes in that book, but not really realistic for us. I saw the new book was out so I'm glad to hear it sounds a little more easier for the average baker.
ReplyDeleteHI SWEET LISA, THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR THE NICE COMMENTS. I HAVE SEEN BOTH THOSE BOOKS HAVE BEEN TEMPTED, BUT JUST DIDNT FOLLOW THROUGH. I THINK I WILL TAKE YOUR ADVISE. THANKS SO MUCH, THEY LOOK SO YUMMY, CHAR
ReplyDeletehow fun!
ReplyDeletei love the covers, especially the first one.
i made cupcakes today (and you may know) but they were just simple white-on-white. didn't even have time to make little picks or anything. still delish. duncan heinz.
xo
elyse
Hey girl
ReplyDeleteI fianlly remembered to weigh the canisters.
According to the USPS site it would be $15.00 to mail it.
I will put it in a box though and take it to PO and see what they say. sometimes they have ideas that save money. (that is if you want me to pursue it) Let me know. =)
hugs and blessings
barbara jean