Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Look what I found!

So last week some time one of my lovely blog friends mentioned a budding collection of Hummel Figurines. I started thinking about mine. I was started a collection when I was very young by my mother and Grandmother, I have one brought from Ireland for me in the '70's. I have an out building out back and was sure it was in there somewhere. Now to tell a not so positive trait of mine, I cannot stand not being able to find something. I have to pray for patience all the time when I'm searching. So God was looking after me by keeping me busy and not letting me worry over where these were. BECAUSE I was walking my aunt's dogs for thepast three weeks and had an urge to go visit my stuff in her attic (I know toooooo much stuff, I really am getting rid of some!) AND there they were all nicely packed in thier safe little box!

OH and this little piggie is trying to get away, being packed up sice 1999 has made him want to run!!

Also in the tote was a box marked Royal Dalton and here is what I found...




So does it mean you have WAY too much stuff if you don't remember things????
Aren't they sweet and just perfect for my room redo?! I'm always happy to use things I've already got. BUT it also reinforces not getting rid of things when 25 years later I need them again. hehehe
Anyway I was happy to be a poor little girl who got a figurine, a Madame Alexander doll and a Steiff animal every year for Christmas! I know that lists 2 other collections you have yet to see! More blog ideas get out the notebook!
Thanks for visiting and going down memory lane with me.
Hugs, Lisa

6 comments:

  1. Lisa,

    Wow, wow, wow. What great finds. I'm so happy you found your Hummels and those Royal Daulton girls. OMG!!! They are 2DIE4.

    Don't worry honey, we all have too much stuff. When we are gone, someone else can clean it! lol

    xo Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. what absolute treasures.you need to protect this stuff.dh and i watch antique roadshow every mionday nite.this stuff is expensive and hard to find.especially the sfeiff.ch it out on line.
    thank you so much sweetie for all the prayers and love sent my way.i felt them,everyone...ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your treasures! The Royal Dalton is my favorite! Have a wonderful day...julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Mom had a Hummel figurine for years, Girl With Goose. She finally sold it last year at a yard sale. It just wasn't a favorite of hers so she decided to part with it.

    I have several Madame Alexander dolls as well. I have the full Little Women set, plus Laurie, and a Little Red Riding Hood. My older sister had got the same except instead of Red, she got Little Bo Peep. I'm sorry to say they are in bad shape. No boxes, shoes, or socks. their hair is awful too, and the eyes of a few of them have white out on them since 25+ years ago, my little sister decided to get creative with their eye make up. Yes, they have been traumatized.
    I've considered giving them up but don't want to part with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi dearest! What a lovely collection you have. I have four Hummels that my DH has bought for me and I just adore them. I'm partial to the little boy figurines. I guess because I always wanted a son of my own...lol! My aunt Alice has a much larger collection and some very old figurines that my uncle brought back for her from Germany. I should take a picture of my four and of her collection so you can see them.

    Wonderful and inspiring post!
    Deanna :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa,
    Wow you have some amazing collections! And Steiff too...wowza!! LOL
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete