
I was thinking today and so I went shopping. I know but I don't really ever make sense. I have to say that I love all my blogging friends, so please take this in the spirit in which I mean it.
YOU ARE ALL IN TROUBLE!!!
Well ok not all of you but those who aren't will be very unhappy with the rest when I share this!
I am now hooked on the Somerset Studio magazines. For those of you not familiar they are lovely magazines about very very talented people and give you all kinds of ideas to become crafty yourself. Also they are $15 EACH!!!
Now you see my problem. I have looked at them before they have several versions all just as great as the other. And to be fair one is only $8.99 but I haven't been as thrilled with it yet. OF COURSE!
I started with GreenCraft. OOOHHH is it ever cool I think it is also the first of that kind.

It has the greatest idea for making paper bowls. I've been dieing to find something to do with my fast food drink trays and here it is! Will let you know when I have them done!! click on the pic above to see a sneak peek!
(I did get this one at Joann Fabrics with a 40% off coupon so it wasn't that bad :)
And then there was this one.....

I saw it last week but Joann Fabrics had it 10% off and wanted to wait but of course the single copy left was gone today when I went back sooooo I got this one... (you can click on the one above to see a sneak peek I still haven't read it :)

Yes ladies that is our very own Mary Englebrite!!!
I love her and I'm now obsessed with having a studio so I had to have this one. I got to use my 40% off coupon so I was ok. Again I just got home and have to get to reading these but I'm so excited!!!!
So I GUESS I will forgive all you lovely ladies for getting me hooked! Now I have to get 5 coupons a month or so from Joann Fabrics to help with my new obsession!
I really do love you all and I hope if you have these you will share your favorite parts!
I'm also currently obessed with back to school. As some of you may know I do not have my own children, I share my sister's with her. So I went and bough the rising 1st grader his back to school pack. He is so excited to go back to school. So in the spirit of back to school and in memory of my dear sweet Judy I have put together a fun giveaway. Please visit me on Saturday for a Pink Saturday Give away!
Also be on the look for my latest project as my new blog design is inspired by it! I know you are shocked but I do occasionally make things myself not pretend like I do to hang out with you all! hehehe Stay tuned!!
Hugs, Lisa
Hello Lisa, I send an affectionate greeting from Talca, Chile.
ReplyDeleteI like me very much your blog, it is really beautiful, and also me apasionan the animals, I have a puppy of 4 years old that is my daughter.
Do you want to know my city?, visit my blog "talcaenfrecuencia".
An embrace and that you have a pretty day.
Patricia
Ut oh, I guess I am in trouble! :0) I'll have to go to Joann Fabrics and look for them there. I had a complimentary sample sent to me to look it over for advertising in it. I LOVED THEM TOO!
ReplyDeleteHmmm...$15.00? That's a book...not a magazine! : ) Happy library building!!!
ReplyDeleteJulie M.
ps I like your new blog look and isn't Patricia's comment just lovely?!
Thanks Julie! Yes it is a library! I too think Patricia's comment is very nice. It's always exciting to meet new friends!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Lisa
hi lisa,
ReplyDeleteyes, those publications are more like books than magazines. they are pricey. i stood around michaels looking at a couple of them but then felt too guilty to buy one!
enjoy! your blog re-do looks very cool!
xo
ps
ReplyDeletelaurie star is having a giveaway that i think you'd like:
http://lauriestar.blogspot.com/2009/08/pincushion-giveaway.html
zo
You are so funny! Yes I do love your new look. I am anxiously waiting for what you are up to next...sharon
ReplyDeleteHi Lisa,
ReplyDeleteLoving your new blog look, very nice.
How neat that you have got some magazines to enjoy.
Look forward to seeing what you are up to.
Hope you are having a happy week
Hugs
Carolyn
Hi Lisa,
ReplyDeleteThe ONLY way I ever purchase those magazines is with the 40% off coupon. And I can only get them when I go to the city which I don't do very often so that is probably a good thing! I love them, but the funds just aren't here right now for every issue that comes out. I did find out that some stores take competitors coupons so you can use a Hobby Lobby coupon at Michaels and JoAnns I think.
Blessings~
Michaels runs these coupons. I'll have to start picking me up some of them. I love your new blog design, can't wait to see what else comes with it!
ReplyDeleteHi Lisa, thank you so much for stopping by! Love your post, I collect pin keeps too. YOu have a beautiful collection!
ReplyDeleteBless you, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage
Oooooh, I am loving your new blog background!!! so nice.
ReplyDeleteAnd as for the magazines, yes I am an enabler...sorry.....looks like some great ones...and Yes, i will continue to enable you by oogling over your projects...you don't have to listen you know...LOL...
Suzanne
OOOH!!
ReplyDeletecan't wait till Saturday. Hope i do not forget!!
(A problem of mine!) =0))
Love those magazines, but our Joann's does not carry them, and I'm too cheap to pay $15.
Maybe when i am among the rich and famous!! =0)
blessings dear friend.
Barbara Jean
those books are gorgeous, i don't need any more ideas...lol
ReplyDelete