I love the old black and white note books and have a huge collection of junk to use (and some I bought to use).
And whala...
I like postcards and tickets and mail
the buttons and flowers came in a kit and think made s fun touch
I continued the inside with the same theme
These tickets are a set from the etsy shop
A sweet shop but I checked today for the link she is still on summer vacation!
an inside page
Back cover. This is a piece of scrap book paper and it really look 2d in the picture!
I am gathering my supplies and making a Halloween one this week. I'll share it soon.
Hugs, Lisa
Looks like you're having fun! Don't those composition books just make the best journals! Great job!
ReplyDeletesuper cute, do you write thoughts in them or are they just to be super cute?
ReplyDeleteI got some of those notebooks too.
ReplyDeleteLove the idea of an easy collage on them.
Halloween one is a great idea, especially since those notebooks are black.
blessings
barbara jean
Thanks for the idea! ♥
ReplyDeleteThis turned out great! Looks like it was a fun project.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a lot of fun...wish I had time to do it. Someday Dear Bebe and I can do it together...just a little more time. I guess first its finger painting, eh?
ReplyDeleteAw=thanks sweety.
ReplyDeleteI think my kiddos are pretty cute too but of course I would. I need to take Mr G3 outside and video him dribbling and shooting baskets. He is 4 but he has been amazing with balls since he was about 8 or 9 months old. He could do unbelievable things with balls as a baby. At 9 months you could lay him on the floor, at the opposite side of the room, roll a ball to him and he would catch it with his feet and then pull his legs up and have the ball roll towards him then he knew when to drop his legs so it would roll back down towards his feet and when the ball would get to his toes, he would pop it up in the air and kick it. He would lay there and do it over and over and over. He never wanted to stop this game. People would come over and see him doing it and ask us how we taught him that and we would just say -- it is a God-given talent, because you can't teach a baby this. People tell us all the time we need to send video footage of him in to David Letterman, I just never have time.
Cheri
Great job, Lisa. I have a bunch of notebooks to do. Your ideas are an inspiration.
ReplyDeleteYou missed a lot of my pictures. google went crazy this morning and changed a bunch of my stuff-I hope you will go back over to see the rest.
ReplyDeleteCheri
Looks lovely, Lisa! I love those old composition notebooks. We used to take out scripts (in grad school) and cut them up - pasting each page on a page of the notebook. Then we would decorate the cover. That was, ahem, many years ago. Maybe we were ahead of our time?
ReplyDeleteLisa, your book project is wonderfully done. I love the old black and white photos to, the mystery behind them, and the color that you add with your own thoughts is a fun challenge to see when you look at them. Great post, have a wonderful day.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Heidi
This looks like fun. It reminds me of scrapbooking, which I have neglected for over a year. I am going to be so far behind I'll never catch up. I'm interested to see what you come up with.
ReplyDeleteOh Lisa that looks lovely. I keep thinking I want to do something like this, but just don't seem to have had time yet.
ReplyDeleteHi, Lisa,
ReplyDeleteI loved the way your notebook turned out! I loved all of the embellishments you used. I look forward to seeing your Halloween notebook. Sending autumn blessings your way. Vicki
OOOPS! I am so sorry I grabbed the wrong pic! I removed it!
ReplyDeleteHello there pretty lady, you have an award over at my blog awaiting you. Congrats you are truly a wonderful person. Have a great day.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Heidi
I love to make these! I made one for everyone in my bookclub. Their kind of addicting. Yours is too Cute!
ReplyDelete~Liz
I love your journal - I have three comp books going at once and not one is complete yet. I enjoy viewing journal pages.
ReplyDeleteVery creative. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Elizabeth
Your journal looks great!!!! I'm not good at layering things like that. But I love the look. BTW, I have that same postcard scrapbook paper!
ReplyDeleteI love making journals too.
ReplyDeleteThis is darling!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope you're having fun!
xoxo Cori
Hi Lisa,
ReplyDeleteI love your journal, and what fun.
Great work.
Thanks for visiting me and your kind words.
hugs
Carolyn
Lisa, you deserve the award, your a gifted designer, and a wonderful person. I looked at your profile and the music you like is similar to the music I listen to as well. I love to find people you have things in common with. Have you hear Rob Thomas's new song Diamonds on the floor? I read you liked matchbox 20 but I think the band broke up. Well take care.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Heidi
Very cute jornal Lisa! Love the vintage look.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your sweet visit. I really appreciate it.
~Blessings my friend, ~Melissa :)
cute,very cute.i just thought i'd drop by and surprise you."howdy gal".tee hee...anniepoo
ReplyDeleteWhat FUN, Lisa! Totally CUTE!!!!!
ReplyDeleteNow...about being BRAVE regarding the bathroom makeover...
NOT! I was a nervous wreck the entire 12 months. I have since learned to trust my guy's ability and NOT MY OWN!
Thanks for chatting! xoRebecca
PS: I have a Yorkie! She was in the middle of the redo in one of the pics in my bathroom. Her hair was really long at the time and the look on her face is HYSTERICAL! Poor thing! She was traumatized!
ReplyDeleteLisa, you little crafty thing you! How cute is that?? I can't wait to see the Halloween one - gotta love the Fall! ☺ Good job ~
ReplyDeleteLove your journals. This composition books are great.
ReplyDeleteHappy day.
xojanis
Hi Lisa, thanks for stopping by. I am not sure why the link is not working but here it is...
ReplyDeletehttp://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5234066
Becs
Hi Lisa, thanks so much for coming by and leaving a comment. I'm sure hoping I can get the word out to women on what to look out for concerning heart disease. We gals need all the info we can get. Unfortunately 7 years ago I didn't know a thing...and never expected to have a problem, even though my dad did.
ReplyDeleteLove your composition books. They look like such fun!
Debra
You did a great job.. I just looove all the pretty tidbits you added.. I'll have to check out that etsy shop.. Thanks for sharing..
ReplyDeletePs: thanks for the sweet comment about my cover..
STephenie
A great idea for those notebooks. Love it.
ReplyDeleteI love it! Your journal looks wonderful :)
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Amy
I love it - so vintage and you know me and vintage!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Rudolph Day!
Leann
how fun and it looks great!
ReplyDeletehave you seen that heather at pretty petals is doing a journal tutorial? it looks pretty neat - literally!
xo
Hi Lisa! LOL! Well, I didn't realize, as I see you already HAVE one from Heidi, but an award awaits you on my most recent post!.. Just so you know anyways! (0; ~tina
ReplyDeleteThat really came out nice! I love those black and white composition books too - don't know why. My son came home with one from school this year and I wanted to steal it! :) I love what you did with yours!
ReplyDeletethat is really cute and very sentimental~~love it!
ReplyDeletehave a great weekend~
chasity
This is looking great! I love journals (don't do as much journaling as I should, or want to) but oh, I do like looking! Altered arts is definitley My Thing, and I love love love your book.
ReplyDelete