Thursday, May 10, 2012

A funny thing happened on the way to the Dentist

 

Ok short version, went to get my mom’s car to go to the dentist, got there way too early, I confused the bus schedules and I saw this

pCPWM-10366069v300x300

Well the floor model anyway and the mirror wasn’t on it today.

I wanted a desk like this and didn’t remember the mirror went with it and thought that is the desk I want.

Tag $249

big frown here

I keep looking at it wistfully and then notice the big paper tag on top

Handy man sale

you fix it and take it for

$74.99

WHAT??!!

I can soo do $74.99!

I got keys and went to the dentist.

I was sad it will sell this weekend and I will loose out.

I tried to let it go.

Went to Tuesday Morning and found

100_1647

Yes Pink Blue Willow dishes.

$4.99 for a three piece place setting.

YAY!!

The fruit/cereal bowls $4.99 set of 2!

YAY! YAY!

Went back to get mom for lunch and fell back in love with MY PERFECT desk.

Tuesday is payday.

Mom says “ask pop”

Pop said “ok” (well after a lot of grunting)

I will pay him back!

100_1643

I’ll pay him big time he even brought it home for me!!

I have had a smile on my face since 12pm today and it will stay for awhile!!!

I am sitting at my new desk writing this post and I am oh a happy girl.

OH!

They let me use my mom’s discount

$56 for desk.

SCORE!!!

I am not bragging I just wanted to let you know what a great find I got today.

In other news, Cost Plus/World Market is now owned by Bed, Bath and Beyond.

I am hoping they keep the cool stuff and not go the outlet look of BB&B.

That would be sad. I am trying to talk mom into a job at Barnes & Noble. Yea, that’s the ticket.

hehehe

I now have the only piece of furniture I wanted for my new place so only a microwave and a coffee maker to go!

September will never get here!

Hugs, Lisa

8 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    Great new desk! Pretty dishes too! Lots of nice things for your new place.How FUN!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. The desk looks so pretty. So glad you were able to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... Me thinks THIS comment will go through! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THOSE DISHES!! And your desk is very sweet....I need to go catch up some more on your blog :-) XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that desk was still there for you, and I bet it will be perfect in your new home! I haven't been to Tuesday Morning in at least a year, so I'm thinking I need to pay them a visit and see if they have any of those pretty dishes left!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes......I can see why you'd want that darling little lovely. It's super sweet.

    Didn't know anything about World Market. Shhhooooot. I love that place. I'm with you. Hopefully it's not going to change.

    Huggies,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  7. How precious is this piece!!!! SCORE!!!! hugs...

    ReplyDelete