Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011

Susie 029 a1

I got on my laptop today to post my News Years wishes. I started on blogger and visited my friends who have posted over the last 2 days I have been away.

All the posts are lovely and reminiscent of the past year.

Some somber, as last year was of changes that were good but brought on by  sad events, some just a look at what the year held.

Visiting your blogs can make me think of so many things all at one time.

I laugh, I tear up, I smile, I am moved, I am excited, I learn

I watched a how today, Netflix is my new best friend no commercials!, and they debated the “real” friend and the virtual friend.

I have “real” friends in blogging. And believe me if I had unlimited funds I would have more than once jumped on a plane and been there to cook, clean or just listen.

I am here and I listen form here.

I have my own issues and drama and I understand having it even if I cannot truly identify with your issue.

BUT

I do care and I do think of you even when I am not online.

I find myself rushing to my phone or laptop because I have one of you on my mind that day. It is comforting to find you there, and there have been times when I just knew you were having a bad day.

So I hope when you see a small ((((HUGS)))) from me you know you are important to me and I do not want to but in but I care.

And I hope in a small way for a small moment you feel you are loved.

Ok this was not what I thought I would write today ;)

I wanted to share this lovely New Years card shared by Dawn

at The Feathered Nest

6584188441_dfe99e373c_b

And wish you all the best 2012 can bring you

And I was noticing a book on a friends book shelf and thought I need that one BUT I am making myself read the one before it first!

Do you do that? Make a silly goal to be able to treat yourself?

6723017

Kate Morton is a wonderful writer, her books are in depth and cover many time periods. I love them and get involved but I have a hard time reading right through them. The Forgotten Garden took me months and I read others while I was going along. I am on The House at Riverton and it is as slow going, I am making my self read it so I can get her latest The Distant Hours. I can do it!

Have a super extra new year that I hope brings wonderful new beginnings to all of my lovely friends!

HAPPY NEWW YEAR!

Hugs, Lisa

17 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Lisa! I do enjoy your encouragement. 2011 was a year of staying all alone in a new state and rather than complain, I chose to try to find solutions and make peace. And, so I didn't blog much. I have made some progress towards acceptance and am off on a new writing project this year so hope to post more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wishing you a wonderful New Year Lisa! I count you as one of my "real" blogging friends and I look forward to another year of getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa,

    Happy New Year to you! I have read all three of those Kate Morton books. Each one is full of surprise turns. Hang in there on The Riverton one. Distant Hours is full of turns and twists too.

    Enjoy your reads!
    ~ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're a blogging friend - excuse me, a REAL friend. I agree - blogging friends are real friends. Have a Happy New Year, Lisa!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for visiting, and a happy and prosperous New Year to you! It's definitely time for resolutions, and making time for yourself should be at the top of your list this year - there should always be time to curl up and read a book, and not feel guilty about it.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lisa what a lovely post! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Loved your comment! I pray you have a blessed 2012!

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year, my sweet friend!
    Waving from Our Back Porch,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing a Happy New Year to you Lisa, may the coming year hold lots of great things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello dear Lisa,
    Thank you for stopping by and leaving your nice comment. It's funny, I was thinking of you when I posted about my son's Charlie. I remembered you worked with animals.
    Happy New Year and I hope all your dreams will come true for you in 2012!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lisa

    Happy new Year Sweet Friend. So glad to see a post or 2 from you. Wishing you a wonderful 2012!

    Big hugs back at you my sweet friend!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisa your blog looks so pretty! Hope you had a merry holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lisa. I noticed when you commented on my blog you have noreply so I am leaving you a message here. Thank you for all the wonderful comments you have left on my blog. I hope you have a Very Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year, my friend! Thank you for all of your kindness and support!!!

    : )

    Julie M.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lisa, you post really touched my heart. I too love my blogging friends. It is the reward for blogging. Who Knew blogging would be such a great experience. It has been a while since I have visited you. I am happy to be here tonight. This is a lovely post.
    Happy New Year.
    (((HUGS))) Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your latest blog post is very personal and heartfelt. Thanks so much for sharing with bloggy land! I know it is an interesting world. I am very happy I am still blogging!

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lisa,

    What a lovely Pink Saturday post. Thank you for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment on my blog. Hope all is going well for you in this new year.

    Have a great weekend,

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lisa - I'm so behind in catching up with everyone due to being away so much the past several months, however saw your always nice comment and thought I'd stop by and leave you a note.

    Lovely post, you are a good friend to many I can tell - and I hope they in turn extend their love and caring spirit to you.

    Do you still stop by SuzAnna's? I'm due to get over that way some time this week - I've not been there since the Christmas party in Nov. before I headed out to Thailand and Vietnam! I miss those gals, and having my booth.

    Hope to see you one of these days - meanwhile sending very best wishes for this wonderful new year.......and yes, some cooler weather will be fine too.

    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete