Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sci-Fi Sunday

star_trek_xi_ver16_xlg

I rented Star Trek and just got to watching it this morning. It was AWESOME. Heard it was too loud at the theater so I’m ok with DVD.  I watched the original Star Trek afternoons in reruns when I was in Middle school. You know the dark ages. I say that one because it was over 20 years ago and two because beta was the only way to watch movies at home and the same time Cable TV was starting.  Star Wars was the most awesome thing you could see in the theaters and  personal computers and cell phones were non existent.

gi_joe

So as I watch these new movies.( GI Joe was amazing too!! They both have a great story as they introduce you to the casts. It will be great if they can continue. ) I have to remember how really great it was to see these first Si-Fi greats. They were so far ahead of how we lived it was Fantasy! And we really loved it. All the computers and communicators were just awesome!

I feel really bad that the kids today don’t have that distance from the movies. I got up from watching Star Trek and picked up my LG Xenon touch screen/qwerty keyboard phone to text message my little sister about Tyler Perry being in Star Trek and think how really weird it is to use this phone that when I was 13 wasn’t even the dream of the Si-Fi writers. And I am typing this on a lap top  that is connected to the world. 

transformers_movie_poster_optimus_prime

I still really enjoy all these movies. Transformers is my favorite. I think because it is so fantastic we can never have live robots that it is the last true fantasy.

Now you know I am truly a very diverse girl. I think I will spend the rest of the day watching Pride and Prejudice!

Hugs, Lisa

15 comments:

  1. I like the transformers movie, but you are right...they are sooooo loud in the movies..enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is interesting about how movies are watched these days. fans catch all of these gaffs from films like star wars but back in the "old days" directors could never predict that people would watch their movies frame by frame looking for mistakes!

    or remember being little and missing "frosty" or something? that was it for the year. to me, it made things seem a bit more special somehow. anyway, i sound like i'm 90!

    enjoy your movie marathon!

    xo
    elyse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very nice relaxing day...you are in you pj's right....cause it makes the movies that much better, pj's, blankie, snacks and hot cocoa or in my case coffee. lol!!!
    Enjoy!
    ♥ Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa Happy New Year DF I've had my BF & hubby all week so just getting a little posting in now thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun day! Good for you for watching some of everything - hey, I know you're a Harry Potter fan too if I remember correctly!! I wonder what people 100 years from now will think of all these "ancient" things we use!?? Have a good day ~ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa,

    Happy New Year, dear friend.
    I am making my way around here and the Internet or blogger, seems to be not working very well.

    My Husband watched the new Star Trek movie, and really enjoyed it. My daughter and I started watching but I really did not like the bar brawl at the start, so maybe I should try and watch it again. Transformers was a good movie. Pride and Prejudice, sounds good too.

    Have a happy Sunday.
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am generally not a sci-fi fan, but when ine comes on I can quickly become interested if the storyline is good. I remember the good old days of the Beta Machine. My Uncle had one when the first came out with a HUGE TV screen, we're talking 8 feet across, it was like a mini movie screen. He also had a whole wall lines with movies, which I think was pretty rare for the early 80's. I haven't seen any of these movies yet, but since you so highly recommend them, I'll have to check them out, LOL! Hope you have a great day with the animals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa: Popped into say "hi". I loved the cooking movie for the cooking and bought her cookbook. And, now, I'm all cooked out!!!

    Things are still crazy here for a couple more days, then nothing for 120 days until spring!

    Projects, must keep busy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I LOVE Transformers!!! Shia LeBeouf is such a cutie :):) My hubby and boys watched Start Trek, of course my dad and husband were so MAD that they changed it from the orginal. They are major Trekkies!! I grew up with Star Trek, lol! Chad wont allow G.I. Joe movie in the house because he is no longer the AMERICAN hero but in fact, universal. So sad!!
    Thank you for being such a sweet friend Lisa!! I love your new blog background too!!
    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh....you ARE a diverse girl! I haven't seen a single one of those movies.......but did just see Julie and Julia....is was soooo good....as was It's Complicated.....Hilarious!

    Happy, happy New Year dear girlie....

    Hugs,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband would love to watch movies with you!! I am more of a comedy/romance type gal. I don't like action or sci fi. However once in a while I will watch one with hubby to keep him company!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lisa, you're really bringing back all the memories. I remember when we went to see the first Star Trek movie at the theater about 30 years ago. It was amazing! Hope your having a good start to the new year!
    hugs,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete