Thursday, March 26, 2009

Where did it go?


I was wondering around Wal-Mart today looking for Easter Baskets, and I decided to journey to the magazines. I had already been told that Mary Engelbrite's Home Companion is no longer being published and that Country Home was leaving us too! I know times are tough but there i a need and lots of want for these! It's sad to see that they folded because of lack of Advertising! I just hope someone somwhere can find a way to get these up and running AND help the ones still there. It was also sad to see the ones left (all great magazines don't get me wrong) are ALL advertising! Where are the features? I personally know SOOOOOO many great artists and even small business owners that have really great stories to tell. Lets hope this corrects itself. Never thought about being a publisher but I can look into it!

p.s. a big thanks to chris for helping with the photos. more original ones to come!

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about the magazines.... so sad. Thanks for your comments on my blog. I have a contact form if you want to purchase anything, if you email me, I can send pictures of what I made. I haven't got my web site running yet. Soon....
    Thanks,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete