Sunday, February 21, 2010

Iris’ Cottage

holiday

If you have seen The Holiday You may recognize this cottage.

rosehill_cottage

I fell in LOVE immediately. I think it may be my favorite part of the movie. Well and Jack Black is AWESOME!!! How would have thought??

enentry.jpg

Take a look inside with me!!

the holiday cottage set

How warm and inviting!

enkitchen

To die for!!!

Ok I am off to see Beki and we are going to set up a house swap. She will come to my NY Apartment and me to her English Cottage!

Hugs, Lisa

20 comments:

  1. Mmmm....I love that cottage!!!

    : )

    Julie M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Lisa! Tell me about it! I just LOVE it! I saw this movie a week after my little one was born and cried, cried, cried... I don't know, mixed amotions, those beautiful sceneries, the cottage, the love... Simply beautiful! Wish you have a wonderful week! Hugs, Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we love all the same movies, Lisa! my favorite part is the little girls camp or fort or whatever they called it! Oh and when Jude Law cries! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa! LOVE the fireplace in the kitchen! Any I don't know what it is about my fascination with gingham! I just LOVE it, and my eye is immediately drawn to the two blue gingham plates on the mantle! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, Lisa, you have just shown my two favorite movie homes - from You've Got Mail and Holiday. I keep photos of this cottage in a file on my desktop - I love it that much!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love that cottage and would love to have a real one like it. Sad to think it was not a real cottage. I have seen so many cottages and homes in movies that I would love to have, only to learn they were not real. I also like the one in Practical Magic and it was not real either.

    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah, lisa i'm movin' in!!!!! this cottage is too FAB for words -- inside and out! yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa,

    This is one of my favorite movies. I adore England and love this cottage. It's so awesome!

    xo Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lisa,

    What a wonderful cottage, I love everything about it and I could move in there too.

    Have a great week
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. OHHHH I LOVE this one!! i could just move in there right now, lol! It is so warm and cozy. Can you believe I still havent seen this movie??? I have wanted to bug just havent, lol! It is on my long list though. WOnderful post!
    Big Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just want to curl up there in one of those chairs and gaze at all the pretties!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh! Love it! I'd have to add some pink of course, but I could definitly live there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So, I say we schedule a girls weekend and watch movies. I just saw this one again, too. Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lisa; OH I know,,, I have been in love with that cottage ever since I saw the movie,,,, I could not get enough of it... I would not change one single thing....... sigh,,,,,, have a great week...

    Hugs;
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am coming too!!! I love the cottage, oh how much fun can we have!!! I love that movie!!!
    I have been so ill lately, did I tell you that my magazines came? Wonderful!!! Thank you so much, I have never seen either one before!
    Hopefully I am on the mend and I won't have to try catching up on all the posts I have missed!!! You little sweetie on the couch pillow looks pretty comfy!!!!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  16. Charming! I could move right in!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do remember loving this cottage! I was my favorite part of movie as well. Thanks for the reminder! TO Cute!

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the house!!!!

    So love seeing you have come by.

    Sweet blessings

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG I want that house right this second! That living room is everything I am working on in mine this summer! Warmth and cozy! Later,Lori

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lisa darling, I stumbled upon your blog and while here, I enjoyed my visit very much. Your blog is loaded with interesting posts and lovely photos. I have joined your followers, and will return often to visit with you.

    Love & Hugs
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete